Greening the AIB
The AIB commits to take responsibility
for promoting sustainability within its own organisation
Electricity disclosure is highly relevant for electricity produced from renewable energy sources. Supporting an environmental friendly electricity market in Europe, AIB is part of the transition to a more sustainable world.
The AIB takes responsibility for its own organisation, and seeks to make its own structures and organisation environmentally and socially friendly. The main areas where AIB is able to improve its own sustainability are communication (website, emails) and the meetings which it holds across Europe.
Since 2012 AIB took several steps to improve its sustainable impact, and will take further responsibility of its operations by means of the following steps:
- Continuing to power its servers and computers using preferably renewable energy; and to benefit from the services of Wattimpact.
- Printing its Annual Reports on the most environmentally friendly paper (FSC paper, 100% recycled), in cooperation with the printing company Lokay that has committed itself to be a sustainable printer.)
- Carbon offset all travelling by attendees to AIB meetings, including the four General Meetings per year, physical Working Group meetings, audits and reviews on site and the annual Strategy Meeting. For 2017, a total of 72 t CO2e were compensated by SouthPole.
- Holding its quarterly General Meetings:
- Seek venues (hotels) with environmental management certification, and preferably those which engage in other activities relating to improving energy efficiency, reducing environmental impact and supporting social responsibility. One part to realize this is to prefer regional food with a good amount of vegetarian options.