naturemade is a label for the award of all energy production (electricity, biogas, heating/cooling) and supply from renewable sources. naturemade stands for credible quality and ecological improvement and includes the naturemade support model.
- naturemade indicates electricity, heating/cooling and fuels from 100% renewable sources. naturemade certified energy includes 10%, 20%, 50% or 100% eco – energy, indicated by the number of points. Eco – energy corresponds to the naturemade star quality.
- naturemade star indicates energy produced with special respect to the environment. The energy comes from 100% renewable sources and guarantees compliance with further, stricter and more comprehensive ecological requirements. The requirements are based on eco-balances of every energy system and scientific criteria on the plant.
- The mark is awarded after thorough inspection by the Association for environmentally sound energy (VUE, founded 1999). naturemade enjoys wide support: environmental and consumer organizations, renewable energy associations, major energy consumers and large, medium and small energy suppliers and producers are all represented in VUE and on its Board.
Attention: a revised version of the guidelines will be launched from 1.1.2022
- naturemade stands for protecting the climate and the nature.
- naturemade energies and resources basically meet criteria that go beyond legal requirements.
- particularly strict requirements regarding ecological energy and resources.
- naturemade's customers are increasingly greening the Swiss energy system.
- the naturemade Eco-Fund contributes to reduce unavoidable effects of the energy system on climate and nature and to substitute non-renewable energies in line with the VUE's vision.
On 9 October 2018 the General Meeting supported the application of Naturemade for ICS accreditation.