FaStGO open Consultation
Welcome to the Consultation on the FaStGO Statistics Development for GOs
The FaStGO project provides expert advice to the European Commission DG ENER, based on the terms of Reference N° ENER/C1/2019-517: “Technical support for RES policy development & implementation. Establishing technical requirements and facilitating the standardisation process for guarantees of origin on basis of Dir (EU) 2018/2001.”
Need for GO Statistics
All GO market stakeholders benefit from high-quality guarantee of origin statistics. Statistics provide an overview of the market, and show how it is developing. To operate as efficiently as possible, market actors require a good understanding of the balance of supply and demand of GOs. Competent Authorities and Issuing Bodies use the statistics for reporting purposes as well as for surveillance and the detection of possible anomalies. Based on the Task 1.3 consultation, market participants and other stakeholders highly appreciate the AIB’s publications of consistent, standardised, and synchronised statistics.
Improvement of GO statistics
Even though the centralised data provided by AIB is highly valued, system operators and market participants might seek additional information or have ideas on how to improve the usability and outlook of the statistics. The FaStGO project team is thereby seeking your input for improving the current guarantee of origin statistics (see /AIB statistics)
We are especially seeking your input for:
- Improving the data content of the statistics e.g. by adding new information or making existing information more granular
- Improving the outlook, understandability, look and feel of the statistics and graphs
- Improving the usability of the statistics e.g. by enabling data download in new file formats
- Possibly adding price information of GOs into statistics
- Accommodating other energy carriers than electricity in the statistics
Welcoming your input in our statistics survey HERE. The survey closes on 30 September 2020.